A circus-themed lolita outfit I wore in 2020 for a mukbang video at Shun Japanese Kitchen. I ate delicious udon and pancakes!
Circus Lolita Inspiration
When I think of a circus, I immediately think of stripes. This Alice and the Pirates and Sentimental Circus collaboration jacket always gave me ringleader vibes, so I thought it would be fun to pair the different elements together with different patterns for a fun visual effect. In the end, it turned out to be a mashup of ringleader and harlequin.
A lot of circus lolita coordinates are print-based. Since I don’t own that many prints, I attempted a version using only solid pieces. This outfit featured colors 4 colors: black, white, wine red, and gold.
I tend to own multiple colorways of the same items, so it comes in handy when making asymmetric choices. The white boots sadly don’t have much life in them left.
- Head: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Favorite Ribbon Headbow, Alice and the Pirates A/P Grosgrain Hair Combs
- Dress: Alice and the Pirates x Kuragehime Kuranosuke Stripe JSK
- Tops: Alice and the Pirates Moonlight Temptation from the Monochrome Guide of the Dark Jacket, Alice and the Pirates Chiffon Yoke Pullover
- Leg: Alice and the Pirates Diamond Lame OTKs (2 colors)
- Shoes: Alice and the Pirates Clara Boots (2 colors)
- Accessories: Miss Danger Shop Masquerade Bunny Brooch, Tiger & Bunny Barnaby Brooks Jr. rimless glasses
I find this jacket’s real wine/bordeaux color difficult to photograph, so I experimented with the color grading on these photos a bit.
Hair and Makeup
For hair, I used Prisila’s VM-04 half wig. The bangs are from Cyperous, probably.
The makeup is more visible in my selfie. I tried to use red around my eyes, but the red eyeshadow I used wasn’t that great. I also added Milk Makeup’s star tattoo eyeliner stamps underneath my eyes.
For more of my style, check My Outfits page!