Lolita fashion brand Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and publication Harajuku Pop are launching the “At Home Lolita Project.” Since the novel coronavirus infections and quarantines have begun happening around the world, opportunities to enjoy lolita fashion have decreased. With that in mind, BABY and Harajuku Pop created the At Home Lolita Project to make self-quarantine a little more fun.
For this project, they decided to hold a contest based on two of Baby, the Stars Shine’s iconic dresses: the Babydoll JSK and Karami JSK. The idea is that Baby’s Babydoll JSK and Karami JSK are great examples of lolita items that are comfortable to wear, so these pieces are great to wear while you’re at home. The idea is that even though we are social distancing, we can come together as a community that enjoys lolita fashion, all while being safe in our homes.
- The contest has two categories: photo and illustration.
- Photo: A photo of your Babydoll JSK or Karami JSK coordinate at home. You can submit your coordinate for an individual entry or twin/remote twin with with your friends! There are separate prizes for individual entries (3 prizes of one dress) and twinning entries (1 prize of two dresses).
- Illustration: Submit an illustration of lolita spending her time at home featuring the Babydoll JSK or Karami JSK. Any medium welcome as long as it fits the theme! Even if you do not normally wear lolita fashion, please feel free to join in.
- Entry Period: 4/20/2020-5/6/2020
- Judging Period: 5/7/2020-5/13/2020
- Winners will be announced on 5/14/20 via Harajuku Pop’s website. Winners will receive a direct message via Twitter to arrange shipping of prizes.
- How to Enter
- Follow both Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (@BABY_THE_STARS) and HarajukuPop (@HaraPopOfficial) on Twitter.
- Tweet your entry and include the contest hashtag #お家でロリータProject.
- Anyone with a Twitter account may enter. Overseas entries are welcome. Multiple entries per person allowed.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please contact Harajuku Pop.
The winners will be featured on Harajuku Pop and receive physical prizes. They say that they are looking forward to your cute and fun at home lolita photos!
The grand prize winner will be chosen by the Harajuku Pop editorial team and Baby, the Stars Shine Bright designers. The prize is a Fairyland Red Riding Hood JSK and Cape Set + Fairyland Red Riding Hood Headdress.
Designers’ Choice Prize
Two winners will be chosen by Baby, the Stars Shine Bright designers Kumiko Uehara and Kano Masumi. Each winner will each receive a JSK.
Kumiko Uehara prize: Strawberry Garden JSK II in pink
Kano Masumi prize: Fairy tale Herbarium ~ Contain Eternity ~ Patterned Apron JSK in offwhite
Twinning Coordinate Prize
One pair of winners chosen by the Harajuku Pop editorial team and Baby, the Stars Shine Bright designers. The pair will receive a two Karami JSKs and Headband sets in lavender and sax.
One winner chosen by Baby, the Stars Shine Bright graphic designer Hoshimi will receive a Babydoll JSK and Headdress set in black x white.
If you don’t know how to start, Harajuku Pop provided some of their own examples.
I was really excited to hear about this contest but since don’t own either of these dresses, so I’m looking forward to see everyone’s submissions! I’m really happy to see that BABY is doing their part to keep the community active, but also keep people safe at home. I know that one of things people can be struggling with is not having enough social interaction, so I hope this encourages the community to connect and interact with each other. I can’t participate in the coordinate contest so maybe I’ll try my hand at drawing!
Update: The contest is now over and you can view the winners and honorable mention on this post.
Source: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright, Harajuku Pop