This is a translation of the new contest hosted by Alice and the Pirates and Harajuku Pop. It’s the second installment of their At Home Lolita Project. It’s almost the exact same format as the one hosted by Baby, the Stars Shine Bright I previously translated. Harajuku Pop originally jumped the gun and had this published last week and took it down, but only the formatting of images and contest dates changed.
ALICE and the PIRATES x Harajuku POP present
~The dark style of blooming flowers and brilliant pirates~
During this difficult time with everyone staying home, we have planned a social media contest as a way of bringing people together. ALICE and the PIRATES is hosting the second At Home Lolita Project contest with a darker theme, so that we can continue to connect and enjoy our time with each other!
The theme of this round is “the dark style of blooming flowers and brilliant pirates.” Ouji style and lolita style are both welcome to enter. We are also happy to accept prince and princess remote twinning coordinates.
Roses, dried flowers, even lilies etc…Of course you can wear our original prints with flowers, or even just wearing a corsage or a floral headpiece can fit the theme. We look forward to seeing everyone’s blooming and brilliant style!
Please feel free to submit your coordinates on Twitter! This time you can also use Weibo in China as well. The winners will be featured in an article on Harajuku POP and will also receive some gorgeous prizes as well. Please join us, we will be waiting in anticipation for your entries!
Theme: The dark style of blooming flowers and brilliant pirates
- The contest has two categories: photo and illustration.
- Photo contest: We are accepting photos of your at home “the dark style of blooming flowers and brilliant pirates” themed coordinates. As long as it fits the theme, you can apply with any photos, be them from smart phones or digital cameras! You’re also welcome to remote twin with your friends for an entry!
- Illustration contest: We are accepting illustrations using “the dark style of blooming flowers and brilliant pirates” theme. As long as the illustrations fit the theme, please feel free to post anything! Even if you don’t wear lolita please feel free to participate! For those who are wondering “What kind of design should I do?” please feel free to look at our guide of past ALICE and the PIRATES prints!
- Entry Period: Monday, May 25, 2020 – Sunday, June 7, 2020
- Judging Period: Monday, June 8, 2020 – Sunday, June 14, 2020
- Winners will be announced on June 8, 2020 via Harajuku Pop’s website. Winners will receive a direct message via Twitter to arrange shipping of prizes.
- How to Enter
- Follow both Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (@BABYTHESTARS) and Harajuku Pop (@HaraPopOfficial) on Twitter. If you’re in China, follow both Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (@BABY_THE_STARS_SHINE_BRIGHT) and Harajuku Pop (@原宿POP) on Weibo.
- Tweet your entry and include the contest hashtag #お家でロリータProject.
- Anyone with a Twitter account may enter. Overseas entries are welcome. Multiple entries per person allowed.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please contact Harajuku Pop.
The winners will be featured on Harajuku Pop’s website and receive physical prizes. They say that they are looking forward to your cute and fun at home lolita and ouji photos!
Grand Photo Prize
Harajuku POP’s staff and ALICE and the PIRATES designers will choose one grand prize winner. We will use “Who is enjoying lolita style at home?” as the criteria for judging. We will be looking forward to seeing your dark and elegant photos of your time at home.
One grand prize winner will be determined by Harajuku POP’s staff and ALICE and the PIRATES designers. The grand prize is the Prince of the Pale Glimmer Light and the Deep Red Darkness Long Vest, Prince of the Pale Glimmer Light and the Deep Red Darkness Long Pants, and Frog Button Princess Sleeve Blouse.
Designers’ Choice Photo Prize
Two winners will be chosen by Alice and the Pirates designers Eru and Cathy. Winners will be presented with items designed by each designer.
Eru prize: A/P Sailor Collar Salopette in white x sax + Tricolor OTKs in pink
Cathy prize: Sweet Devil JSK in navy
Prince and Princess Photo Prize
For this contest we will also have a prize for people who want to enter with their friends. This prize is for a dark styled prince and princess who are having fun together. The winning pair will be chosen by Harajuku POP’s staff and ALICE and the PIRATES designers.
Prince prize: Sweet Berry Prince Salopette in black
Princess prize: Devil Cat and the Hourglass of Ending JSK I in red + Devil Cat and the Hourglass of Ending Head Bow
For the illustration contest, ALICE and the PIRATES’s graphic designer and textile designer Hoshimi will choose one winner! The prize will be Love Airmail Applique OP, a dress that is easy to coordinate to fit with the idea that “this will be my lolita debut.”
Illustration prize: Love Air Mail Appliquéd OP in grey
If you don’t know how to start, Harajuku Pop provided some examples from Alice and the Pirates.
Sources: Harajuku Pop, Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Update: Winners were selected and announced on Harajuku POP.