This is a translation of the newest contest hosted by Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and Harajuku Pop. It’s the second installment of their At Home Lolita Project. It’s almost the exact same format as the two previous contests. This is the combined information from both the BtSSB and Harajuku Pop pages since the Harajuku Pop article has a lot more detail than the BtSSB info page.
Baby, the Stars Shine Bright x Harajuku POP present
Filled with love for Kumya-chan ❤︎ A Heart Fluttering Sweet Style❤︎
We created the “At Home Lolita Project” with the idea that you can have as much fun staying home as you can going out. At this time, we wanted to use social media as a way to connect with others, so we created this social media contest.
We received a lot of submissions from both our first contest with BABY featuring at-home styles, and our second contest with Pirates featuring dark styles. We were able to see how you enjoyed unique lolita fashion in your home.
Therefore, as we now have to live our lives with the coronavirus, we decided to continue the “At Home Lolita Project.” This time, the theme is “Filled with love for Kumya-chan ❤︎ A Heart Fluttering Sweet Style❤︎”
Submitted coordinates should be a sweet style incorporating you having fun with BABY’s popular characters, Usakumya-chan and Kumakumya-chan! Of course, we’d like to see photos with of prints with Kumya-chan, but we welcome also having Kumya-chan with you around the house.
If you have the new Kumya-chan slippers or the new Kumya-chan mask to prevent infection transmission, please submit photos of some of you using them in your current at-home styles.
People from overseas can participate in this contest by using Twitter too! The winners will be featured on a special article on Harajuku POP’s website and will also be receiving prizes. From the bottom of our hearts, we’ll be waiting for your submissions! ❤︎
Theme: Filled with love for Kumya-chan ❤︎ A Heart Fluttering Sweet Style❤︎
- The contest has two categories: photo and illustration.
- Photo contest:: With the theme “Filled with love for Kumya-chan ❤︎ a heart fluttering Sweet style❤︎” in mind, we’re looking for photos of your coordinates of you at home. As long as the photos fits the theme, feel free to submit photos from your smart phones or digital cameras! You’re also welcome to remote twin with your friends for an entry (combine the two coordinates into one photo)!
- Illustration contest: We are accepting illustrations using “Filled with love for Kumya-chan❤︎ a heart fluttering Sweet style❤︎” theme. Even if you don’t usually wear lolita fashion, please feel free to participate with us! If you’re wondering what kinds of Kumya-chan items to draw, we have an article with past Kumya-chan items, so please use that as a reference!
- Entry Period: Monday, September 9, 2020 – Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM JST
- Judging Period: Monday,September 21, 2020 – Sunday, June 29, 2020
- Winners will be announced on September 30, 2020 at 7:00 PM JST via Harajuku Pop’s website. Winners will receive a direct message via Twitter to arrange shipping of prizes.
- How to Enter
- Follow both Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (@BABY_THE_STARS) and Harajuku Pop (@HaraPopOfficial) on Twitter.
- Tweet your entry and include the contest hashtag #お家でロリータProject.
- Anyone with a Twitter account may enter. Overseas entries are welcome. Multiple entries per person allowed.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please contact Harajuku Pop.
The winners will be featured on Harajuku Pop’s website and receive physical prizes. They say that they are looking forward to your cute and fun at-home lolita photos!
Grand Photo Prize
Harajuku POP’s editorial team and Baby, the Stars Shine Bright’s designers will choose one grand prize winner. They will be using “Who is enjoying lolita style at home?” as the criteria for judging. We are really looking forward to your cute and fun photos!
One grand prize winner will be determined by Harajuku POP’s editorial team and Baby the Stars Shine Bright’s designers. The grand prize is the I Love Kuma Kumya JSK, I Love Kuma Kumya Blouse, and Kumya Ear Fur Clip.
Designers’ Choice Photo Prizes
Four winners will be chosen by the team of Baby, the Stars Shine Bright designers Kumiko Uehara, Masumi Kano, Saki Tachibana, and Mimi. The winners will receive some of Baby’s latest designs.
Kumiko Euhara prize: The Wizard of Oz ~My Precious Things~ JSK I in pink
Masumi Kano prize: Love and Cherish You Pleated OP in navy
Saki Tachibana prize: Tartan Check Babydoll JSK in wine
Mimi prize: Fairy Flowers OP in ivory
For the illustration contest, Baby, the Star Shine Bright’s graphic designer and print designer Hoshimi will choose one winner! The winners will receive an Usakumya-chan backpack set. It’s a cute accessory not only for lolita fashion, but also for casual clothes!
Illustration prize: Usakumya Heart Window Rucksack, Usakumya Rucksack Mini Mini, Kumya’s Sweet Heart Check Can Badge, Kumya’s Ribbon & Lace Can Badge, Kumya’s Cherry Strawberry Can Badge
Sponsored by Harajuku POP
In collaboration with BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Update: View the winners on Harajuku POP.
Source: Harajuku Pop, Baby, the Stars Shine Bright